Just to recap yesterday (saturday) we were unable to get to the hospital due to the 30 inches of snow we got here. So that was VERY hard for us, but I guess what could have been a better reason...So we constantly called the nurse and annoyed her to get updates on our Klara, and everything seemed to be going ok. She had a big day too; she had more blood taken, went for an MRI, and had Orthopedics brace her legs....so a very long and painful day w/o mom and dad to comfort her...tough for all.
So sunday came and the snow was melted enuf (didnt matter if it was or not, cause we were GOING). We arrived and found our Little Klara with BIG braces on her legs....looks kinda of silly but they definitely minimize her pain when her diaper is changed. They have also begun lowering her O2 blend (From 60% to 30%)...and her stats have been gradually getting better....
But enough statistics....TODAY KLARA MET HER BIG SISTER LILY. It was very cute to see lily point and say BABY KEYERA. And when we told her we were going to change her diaper she let out a Loud EEEWWWWW (and the whole NICU let out a laugh). And in good big sister fashion, Lily felt the need to steal Klara's pacifier...We got a bunch of good FAMILY pics (see below) and spent and good hour or so as a family for the first time. Klara tolerated being held by both mom and dad well, and her stats were PERFECT while being held (she loves it).
Klara also met both Grandmas for the first time today and her Papa John. All in all a good day. I have put a few pics below but check out this link for a full album...(CLICK HERE FOR ALBUM)
Love the pics guys...keep them coming.
ReplyDeletePrayers to all
Sorry for the crazy way to post a comment, only way I could post right know?
ReplyDeleteSure miss you guys! Keep the post coming!
I am so glad you could all be together as a family! I think about you guys every day. I just found out about your blog from your neighbor Bob...we went to high school together and I mentioned my job, and somehow he talked about his neighbors having a baby who was sick. I am amazed at the small world! Sending love a prayers to all of you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetheart your Klara is! Remember you are surrounded by many loving prayers. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteHi Darren..this is Michelle, Lee Polillo's wife. We have been keeping up with Klara's progress. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family during this very difficult time. It is so comforting to know that Klara is in such good hands and has such a loving, supportive family right there with her every step of the way. God Bless you all!!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful family you have em and darren! hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeletelots of love and prayers, alissa